Tuesday, July 19, 2011

flying home and a performance of Hamlet

so on the way back to New York I stopped in Chicago for some real deep dish pizza that was amazing
and learned how to potty train my cat faster than a kid
and tried to see Purchase when I flew it but couldn't 
once home I had a bowl of such fresh fruit 
and then saw a flock of baby turkeys which were really cute
then my mom and I went out to dinner at Catherines 
which
had these cool candle holders on the table
and a new decor inside
so first we ordered salads with shaved parmesan on top which was delicious 
then we ordered carpaccio as an appetizer, which is thinly sliced beef with greens and mozzarella, kind of like prosciutto but not as salty 
and then came the holiness, black squid ink pasta with a creamy lemon sauce with shrimp and lemon zest...literally one of the best pasta dish I've ever had in my life
and her salmon was really good as well
then we went to Boscobel 
a historic house built in the early 1800's
where they perform Shakespeare performances
and the view down the Hudson was breathtaking, especially in the rain and mist
the inside of the tent, we were seeing Hamlet 
and outside they use all this cool lighting
...I'm just gonna pretend this is me and Jacob
and this tree was lit spectacularly as well
as well as the house

No comments:

Post a Comment