Saturday, August 20, 2011

charleston for lunch :)

so we went into charleston for lunch but first stopped at my uncles cooking store which I was in love with
I probably should have gotten this cook book...
but anyway before lunch we went to the markets
which used to be used as a place for slave trading is now full of little knick-knack things for sale
such as these beautiful sweet grass baskets
or weird creepy things that you would never buy
I love charleston, it's so pretty :)
and we went here, high cotton, another one of my uncles restaurants 
and they served us this delicious corn bread to start with
and my mom's bloody mary was awesome
and this chicken sandwich was probably the best chicken sandwich I've ever had. It was chicken marinated with thyme with pimento cheese on the botton and a fried green tomato on the.best.bread.ever.in.the.world.period.
and we got black eyed pea hummus to start which was really good
and my grandmother
got a fruit plate
like honestly look at that bread and tell me it doesn't look good
the part of restaurant we were sitting in
and the other side
after we stopped by a antique store
and that night had our last supper at the beach :(
and on the drive up north
we stopped at my grandmothers house
and took some pictures
of her
and them
and her house 

No comments:

Post a Comment