Wednesday, August 24, 2011

visiting my brother in CT!

so I went to visit my brother at his house in Connecticut
first we stopped by his garden to see his ridiculously tall sunflowers
like this 
then I gave him this cookbook that I knew only he would enjoy haha
then we went to his bandmates Chris's house to pack up the car for the show
but first we had to jump the car 
but then we were on our way!
and the back was all packed up
oh I forgot to mention that we were driving a boat not a car
but anyyyway
they were playing at the arch street tavern in hartford, ct
and they were really good
and
the space was really neat
and they rocked out
and played really well :)
http://theproudflesh.bandcamp.com/
the next morning we drove up to the top of a mountain behind my brothers house
which has an awesome view from the top
and we saw this pretty butterfly 
and then one landed on my shoulder and hung out for a while
and then we walked around Yale
or should I say Hogwarts 
or should I say Gringotts, the bank of the wizarding word ;)
but then he took me to the beinecke, a (very large) rare book collection located on Yale's campus 
and the whole building is made out of marble, but it's cut so thinly that natural light can shine in without damaging the books, how cool is that?
and all the books are in this massive glass case that would be awesome for a music video or something and all around it is famous books and manuscripts. Like for example, there's The Great Gatsby original manuscript with all of F. Scott Fitzgerald's original notes 
like really? it's pretty amazing
oh yea and there's the Gutenberg Bible, no big deal, just the first major book printed with a movable type press, it just changed the entire world forever ya know nothing too special. Oh and did I forget to mention it's one out of only 21 surviving copies in the world?
then of course we went to Miya's sushi restaurant, something which no one should skip when coming to New Haven. This one is called the best crunchy roll ever. Yes, it does sound like something I would call it, but it really is called that! And the name definitely is true, I didn't even want to finish it because I didn't want it to be over. It was tuna and avocado inside rice with crunchy chili and herb crusted tempera crumbs on top  
and this is what my brother got, haha it might look like a lot but each of those rolls are like 2 bucks so why not? I can't remember them all but the one all the way in the back left is sweet potato and the one in the far right is spicy brocoli 
and then we went into this crazy cluttered shop which you weren't meant to take pictures in but 1. it's me and 2. how could anyone resist?!

No comments:

Post a Comment