Friday, June 10, 2011

TOPS, COOKIES AND MORE!!!

so it was time to try out all the tops

and these were pretty cool because they were flat and whatnot

and so we got them all spinning at the same time

then we tried out this one which was cool because I'd never seen a top like this before 

quite the collection :)

I definitely hadn't seen one like this before, the green things spun out as you twirled it

I guess a dradle could be considered a kinda top

this one was probably the coolest/creepiest because it reminded me of the movie inception, if anyones seen it you know what I'm talking about

I liked this one because it was so big compared with the others

how cool is that!?

oh and this one was cool because the design on it swirled together as you spun it

but this one was my favorite because it was so pretty :)

oh and you can't forget about this awesome kinda top that you press the top up and down to make it go, they're kinda old fashioned and super cool

and of course the kind that you can launch off...you probably didn't even realize there were this many kinds of tops haha, it's ok neither did I

anyway then of course I turned into my baker self and decided to make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies

so I got out two bowls

and after whipping the butter

I added the sugar

then one egg and some vanilla

and after mixing it all together

I got out the dry ingredients

and added flour to the second bowl

then some baking soda

and after mixing all of that with the wet ingredients I added the oats

and I didn't have chocolate chips so I went out to get some and because it's Boulder and they're that awesome they only had chips you could scoop out and measure so I got way too many

so I put the rest away on the shelf

and put the rest into the mixture

oh my lordy it looked, smelled and tasted amaziingg

and they were even better fresh outta the oven

all warm and gooey, I'm sorry I have to show you this without letting you try them!

 
but they really were delicious 

so after eating a bunch we decided to go back to the tops this time spinning it and then throwing jacks at it and watching them fly out...great idea 

and I took a final picture of this cutesy I somehow missed before

but anyway it was time I left, I'm interning at Boulder Creek Events and so they have these concert series every Thursday night out a ways from Boulder that I was working

and it seemed like I was out in the middle of nowhere 

but them all of a sudden this little town popped up

and so I was working a soda, water and candy cart which was fun except sometimes I felt like a bar tender having to cut alcoholics off when blue candy lipped kids, jittering from sugar rush, would slap a quarter down and be like oonneee aiirrr headd pleasseee hahaha

but yea it was really quaint and fun, this is looking over to the gazebo which local bands played in 

looking out to some other food vendors and such

and there was a really pretty sunset at the end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment